First Tee – Manhattan is providing kids and teens with the tools to set goals, resolve conflicts, manage emotions and much more! Parents commented that First Tee Manhattan positively impacts their participants on and off the golf course:
- “She is more interested in golf and also learning to be a better listener and more patient.”
- “The program is teaching our kids life skills, it’s fun and at the same time teaches our children to make better choices.”
- “He loves the sport and we were happy he could learn from experienced teachers at a reasonable cost.”
- “I can see an increased confidence level when my child is introduced to new people (and shakes their hands, with eye contact).”
- “He has become more socially confident and realizes that he enjoys and is motivated to improve his golf game.”
- “This was the first sport that he took up that he did not want to quit. He even wanted to stay to putt around. The instructors genuinely care about the children and sharing the life values and sport. My son loves this program.”
While incorporating the game of golf into a fun and active environment, our adult mentors help kids grow socially, emotionally and academically in all areas of life. This year – make the decision to empower kids and teens with your donation to First Tee – Manhattan.
First Tee – Manhattan serves more than 675 kids and teens annually at Colbert Hills and other youth serving organizations in the community, with support from over 40 volunteers and coaches. Additionally, First Tee has been introduced to more than 19 schools and youth centers reaching over 7,500 kids throughout our community.